Introducing Google’s new e-book on ZMOT(Zero Moment of Truths, ZEE-Mots), the new metal model for marketing. It well explains about consumers’ new habit of spending products/brands and points out rules of ZMOT that marketers ought to learn. You could visit the website and download free PDF here. Let’s dig in!
“This is the first time in history that word of mouth has become a digitally-archived medium.” — Brett Hurt Founder & CEO Bazaarvoice
• The buying decision journey has changed. ZMOT is a vital new addition to the classic three-step process of stimulus, shelf, experience.
• What was once a message is now a conversation. Shoppers today find and share their own information about products, in their own way, on their own time.
• Word of mouth is stronger than ever. For the first time in human history, word of mouth is a digitally archived medium.
• No MOT is too small. If consumers will do research online for houses and health care, they’ll also do it for Band-Aids and ballpoint pens.
• The MOTs are meeting. Our mobile devices are MOT machines. As mobile usage grows, the zero, first and second moments of truth are converging.
Seven smart ways to start winning at ZMOT right now:
1. Put Someone in Charge
2. Find Your Zero Moments
3. Answer the Questions People Are Asking
4. Optimize for ZMOT
5. Be Fast
6. Don’t Forget Video
7. Jump In!
Related Article: 5 big ideas from Google’s “Winning the Zero Moment of Truth”